For those with questions regarding the April 23rd meltdown of the host interviewing me.
To clarify a few facts misrepresented and twisted by the interviewer post his meltdown:
1) I was invited on his show that evening, I did not ‘ask’ as was what he had stated.
2) Being a ‘guest’ as opposed to the host, it was his audience (not mine) and once he abandoned his post, I was under no obligation to continue an interview with the person of whom invited me.
3) The information I was sharing, the host thought both pertinent and important enough for me to share, then decided (after changing the subject matter and being posed with a question), to slam down his headset and make an exit. He then returned when he knew I had departed and proceeded to try and spin it to look as if I was ‘unprofessional.’ He also went on to say (not once, but twice) that it was I who got upset. All total nonsense.
4) He then took the next day off to create an explanation that he thought would explain his previous action and regain some sense of credibility by inventing the story that he had ‘the flu’ and left the room to ‘throw up.’ He shared this falsehood with a caller (Dave in California) and said that I asked him to be on his show that night… complete falsehood.
5) What many are unaware however is, it goes deeper than that. Off air he had been pushing me to set up a meeting with a major national host (a good friend of mine) in attempts to (once again) try to sway this host to come back on his network. I had told him the previous weekend that I wanted no part of it and didn’t want to get in the middle (as I had once before years ago). As the previous encounter regarding these two turned into a complete disaster.
6) Getting no favorable reply from me off air, he then, (at the top of the second hour) proceeded to send me a cryptic message that he knew only I would understand. Expecting an agreement from me and instead receiving radio silence at the end of his short dissertation is, from what I perceive, when his blood started to boil. This, in my estimation is what ultimately caused him to explode.
7) His explanation of having to throw up, slamming his headset down, supposedly tripping and falling, getting up and banging his head against the door causing (by his explanation, something on the door to brake), heading to the bathroom, supposedly throwing up and then getting back into the broadcast booth, knowing that I had left (by his admission), all with 48 seconds… that adventure would have to qualify for the Guinness Book of world records.
8) What likely happened is, he slammed his headset down, walked next door to the board op room, listened for me to leave, the immediately came back to save his co-host while then berating me on air.
The real reasons for my departure
a) The show was actually costing me money by diverting time I could have been spending in my other profitable endeavors. With the research I had been doing to bring the info to the audience, it was turning into a full time job without pay.
b) Another host on the network, omitting certain topics from discussion of coverage and actually demeaning callers if they dared bring up the subject(s), was getting paid for his time while it was costing me for mine.
c) No offense to this host as it is his show and he can talk about, or not talk about anything he chooses however, to have a show on par with his and not only not be paid but lose money by doing it is literally to have my talent exploited for another’s gain. Who in their right mind would allow such a thing to continue?
d) The ongoing pressure to try and manipulate, exploit, and take advantage of my friendship with a widely known national host for ultimately what would be (if successful) his own monetary gain was for me both disrespectful of my friendship with this host as well as ignoring my request to not be involved. He was trying to take advantage of my friendship with said host, influence him by that friendship and use it for his own gain.
This man did not/does not know how to take no for an answer and if challenged on anything, whether it be a polite refusal of a request or, if one simply disagrees with him on a topic, reverts back to pre-adolescent tantrums not unlike a child of whom would have an ice cream cone taken from him.